- Events & Exhibits
- 50+ Job Seekers Group
50+ Job Seekers Networking Group
Build your job search tool kit! Join a virtual professional forum for networking with peers in a safe and comfortable environment, conducive to developing new relationships and developing skills and strategies to help in your career transition. Each meeting features a new topic. Meetings include a presentation and hands-on workshop on topics relevant to career transition, guest speakers, access to hiring managers, small group breakout rooms to network, and 1-on-1 coaching guidance. Participating on a regular basis will give job seekers the many tools and strategies needed for a successful job search.
More than 60 Massachusetts public libraries have partnered to offer the 50+ Job Seekers Networking Group program to support people fifty years and older looking for a new job, a new career direction, or a second-act career. Attendance at each session is not necessary – but highly recommended! Job seekers can join at anytime.
Each biweekly meeting is facilitated by Deborah Hope, MBA, PCIC, an experienced executive career coach. Deborah is a former Fortune 500 executive, investment banker and entrepreneur and transitioned to executive coaching over 12 years ago. She has coached with Harvard Business School Executive Education programs, the Mass. Conference for Women, and has been trained or certified in a variety of coaching models and assessment tools. Deborah has facilitated 50+ job seekers networking groups since 2016.
We offer both morning & evening sessions that meet twice each month via Zoom.
Please choose the time that works best for you:
- 1st & 3rd Wednesday from 9:30 am - 11:30 am
Register for the morning sessions directly on Zoom HERE.
- 2nd & 4th Wednesday, from 6 pm - 8 pm
Register for the evening sessions directly on Zoom HERE.
Zoom room opens 30 minutes early for informal networking & resource sharing.
1. Jan. 4/11 Self-Assessment/Transferable Skills
2. Jan. 18/25 Your "Career Story” Pitch
3. Feb. 1/8 Marketing Plan/Marketing Brief
4. Feb. 15/22 Applications/Cover Letters
5. Mar. 1/8 Developing A Resume – Part 1
6. Mar. 15/22 Developing A Resume – Part 2
7. Apr. 5/12 Creating A LinkedIn Profile
8. Apr. 19/26 LinkedIn – Personal Branding
9. May 3/10 Interview Preparation/Strategy
10. May 17/24 Interview Practice
11. Jun. 7/14 Thinking Outside the Box panel event
12. Jun. 21/28 Networking 2.0 – Give To Get!
Participation in this series is made possible by the Friends of the Jones Libraries.